Child Abuse in Religious Institutions
If you are a victim of emotional, physical or sexual abuse which took place in a religious institution or community group, you could be entitled to compensation.
IBB Claims has a dedicated team of lawyers who are experienced in supporting victims of child abuse. Whether the abuse was recent or historic, our legal experts will deal with your case with sensitivity, compassion and professionalism. We understand that discussing painful events can be very difficult, and we will never pressure you for details that you are not comfortable discussing.
Can I make a claim?
If you have experienced child abuse while:
- Attending a school or boarding school owned or managed by the Church or other religious organisation
- Attending a youth, sports or community group organised by the Church or other religious organisation
- Attending a care home or other care institution managed or owned by the Church or other religious organisation
you could be entitled to compensation.
Financial compensation will of course not erase the trauma or memories, but it could provide the resources to help you take the first steps towards healing and recovery.
The compensation could allow you to:
- Obtain specialist therapeutic and psychological counselling
- Recover funds for any therapy or other support that you have paid for
- Obtain Specialist support and programmes for addiction recovery eg. alcohol and drugs
Whether the abuse was physical, emotional, sexual or neglect, our experts will help you obtain the compensation that you deserve and which will support your recovery and rebuilding of your life.
How can IBB Claims Help you
We recognise how difficult this process can be, and we strive to make the compensation process as simple and as painless as possible.
We have successfully pursued civil claims for compensation against organisations, local authorities, schools, care organisations and abusers themselves. Wherever possible, we have negotiated a settlement for compensation without the need to attend court.
Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)
As well as a civil claim, you could also obtain compensation under the CICA, a fund set up to compensate victims of violent crimes, including child abuse. Our legal experts will be able to provide you with more information with regard to both civil and CICA claims.
Contact us today
We offer a No-Win No-Fee Agreement so there is no financial risk involved if you are not successful.