Cancer Misdiagnosis Compensation Claims
Correct diagnosis of cancer requires a GP, consultant or other medical professional to interpret your symptoms, supported by a variety of medical tests and scans. A delay in diagnosis could facilitate the spread of the disease and affect the successful recovery of the patient.
If your cancer diagnosis was delayed or misdiagnosed or you were wrongly diagnosed with cancer, you could be entitled to compensation. Our experienced medical negligence lawyers support cancer patients and their families to obtain compensation for negligence attributed to a GP, consultant, surgeon, nurse, radiographer or other medical health professional.
When is compensation available?
Cancer is a complex condition which often develops in stages. Therefore, the delay in making a diagnosis and providing treatment may impact the recovery of a patient.
Compensation for cancer patients could potentially be available when the delay in diagnosis may have resulted in:
- Significant deterioration in health
- A significant reduction in the prospects of recovering from treatment
- A greater and significant need for advanced treatment options such as surgery
Victims of medical negligence have won compensation for negligence resulting from the late or misdiagnosis of a variety of cancers such as:
- Breast cancer
- Brain tumours / cancer
- Bowel cancer
- Colon cancer
- Skin cancer
- Cervical cancer
How to claim compensation for late or misdiagnosis of cancer
IBB’s medical negligence specialists will visit you at home or at hospital to discuss the options available and whether there are grounds to make a compensation claim.
Some of the situations in which patients have been able to obtain compensation:
- Adequate investigations have not been carried out by a GP, consultant, nurse or other medical professional
- X-rays or scans were not adequately reviewed and analysed
- Tissue samples, blood tests and smear were not adequately reviewed and analysed
- X-rays or scans were misinterpreted and a patient was wrongly found to have cancer and subsequently undertook unnecessary medical treatments such as drugs, chemotherapy or surgery
Contact our cancer claims and medical negligence solicitors today
If you believe that you have suffered harm as a result of a delayed or misdiagnosis of cancer, or from negligence resulting from the actions of your GP, consultant, surgeon, nurse, or other health care provider contact our medical negligence solicitors today. We offer a No-Win No-Fee Agreement so there is no financial risk involved if you are not successful. To discuss your case or to make an appointment please contact us on 0333 123 9099. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online form.